School Re-Opening Guidance
SCHOOL OPENING INFORMATION
UPDATED 16/04/2021 - Please read carefully.
Please refer to the guidance below regarding school reopening procedures:
Staggered times from MONDAY 8TH MARCH 2021 and until further notice.
Class teachers will collect from and return their class to the gate at the specified time. Any pupils who arrive late will not be permitted to enter and will need to return home until the following day.
School START time
School FINISH time
- Only one parent per family will be allowed to drop off pupils: Pupils will enter the site at their allocated entry point and then through their outside classroom doors. They will be required to sanitise their hands as they come in. If a parent needs to drop off siblings in different year groups, each sibling will need to be dropped off through the correct gate for each year group. Parents must maintain appropriate social distancing at all times. Parents who need to speak to a member of staff will be required to make an appointment by contacting the school office. Without an appointment no parents/carers will be allowed through the school gate.
Parents are required to wear face masks when bringing children to school and when collecting them at the end of the school day. This is in line with Department for Education and Public Health England guidance which will help us to limit the risk of infection.
-Staffing: please see the list of class teachers below:
Reception- Miss Thomas and Miss Wills
Year 1 - Mrs Quinn and Miss Begum
Year 2 - Miss Cooke/ Mrs Doyle and Miss Webster
Year 3 - Mr Anderson and Ms Jolliffe/ Mrs Lingwood
Year 4 - Mr Griffiths and Mr Jacks
Year 5 - Ms Bobat and Mr Siddiqui
Year 6 - Mr Bright and Miss Hout
- Attendance will be mandatory - your child must attend every day.
- Breakfast and Afterschool clubs will NOT be running until further notice: Following guidance around maintaining Bubbles for pupil safety, it will not be possible to provide this service at this time.
- Uniform: this will be compulsory. All children are to wear correct school uniform and shoes every day - check the website for details.
- Pencil cases: we are asking children to bring a plastic pencil case to school. This will remain at school at all times and will help reduce the risk of transmission by removing the need to share equipment.
- PE: Your child’s class teacher will let you know which day PE is on. On this day your child is to come into school in their PE kit. They are not to bring it in separately as they will not be able to store items on pegs.
- Lunches: Widden School will continue to offer hot school lunches which pupils can order daily. Please remember that Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils are eligible for a Universal Free School Meal daily but normal payment arrangements apply for those in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 who are not eligible for Free School Meals. Please pay online (via the Parent Pay app) as access to the school office will be strictly limited to essential appointments only.
- Mobile phones: children are not permitted to bring mobile phones to school or have them in their possession during the school day.
Please keep checking the school website and Facebook page for updates as Government guidance changes regularly and this may be reflected in our practices.
If you have any questions regarding the school re-opening guidance please contact Mr. Doyle (Deputy Headteacher) by calling 01452 520 571 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org