School Re-Opening Guidance
COVID 19 - School Guidance
UPDATED 12/12/2021 - Please read carefully.
We now beginning to live and work with COVID-19. In order to continue to reduce risk and to ensure that our school remains a safe space, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Only one parent per family will be allowed to drop off pupils: Pupils will enter the site at the school gates and then through their outside classroom doors. They will be required to sanitise their hands as they come in. If a parent needs to drop off siblings in different year groups, each sibling will need to be dropped off through the correct gate for each year group. Parents should maintain appropriate social distancing at all times but are permitted to enter the playground to drop their child off or to speak with staff.
-Staffing: please see the list of class teachers below:
Nursery: Hargreaves class (Mrs Newbury)
Reception: Donaldson class (Miss Wills) and Murphy class (Mrs Marshall)
Year 1: Butterworth class (Miss Begum) and Rosen class (Miss Ali)
Year 2: Bond class (Mr Jacks) and Milne class (Miss Apperly)
Year 3: Dahl class (Mr Evans) and Rowling class (Mr Baker)
Year 4: Bushby class (Mr Siddiqui & Mrs Doyle) and Morpurgo class (Miss Waddington)
Year 5: Horowitz class (Mr Anderson) and Rauf class (Miss Pintea)
Year 6: Blackman class (Mr Bright) and Zephaniah class (Ms Bobat & Mrs Wilson)
- Attendance will be mandatory - your child must attend every day.
- Breakfast and after-school clubs the breakfast club is open but you must reserve a place via the school office. No child will be admitted until they have reserved and paid for their place in advance. You must have received confirmation from the school office before attending.
We will be reviewing the possibility of re-launching our after-school club in 2022, and we will send an update to all parents and carers in due course.
- Uniform: this will be compulsory. All children are to wear the correct school uniform and shoes each day. Please check the website for details regarding school uniform if you are unsure.
- PE: We will send a further update regarding PE sessions and days as we begin the new school year. On PE days, your child is to come into school in their PE kit. This maximises the learning time available in PE and reduced the amount of lost uniform.
- Lunches: We will continue to offer hot school lunches, which pupils can order daily.
Please remember that Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils are eligible for a Universal Free School Meal each day, but normal payment arrangements apply for those in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 who are not eligible for Free School Meals.
Please pay for school lunches online via the Parent Pay website or app. If you require support setting up or accessing Parent Pay then please contact the school office from Monday 6th September 2021 on 01452 520 571.
- Mobile phones: children are not permitted to bring mobile phones to school or have them in their possession during the school day.
Please note that the above information is based on the current government guidance and is subject to change. Should the guidance change then we will update parents and carers. Please keep checking messages on the school app, school website and Facebook page for updates as Government guidance changes regularly and this may be reflected in our practices.
If you have any questions regarding the school re-opening guidance please contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mr. Kurt Doyle